NOTE: Bookmark the URL above for quick access to the data collection forms (http://enhancer-study.aviation-dfpc.org).
This page is for use by those participating in the Water Enhancer Study being conducted by the Colorado Center of Excellence for Advanced Technology Aerial Firefighting in cooperation with DFPC, BLM and USFS. All other use is prohibited. For more information about the study visit the CoE Water Enhancer Study page.
For the study to be a success it is important for accuracte, timely and comprehensive data to be collected. To this end there have been several forms developed for that data application.
We realize these forms are somewhat detailed, but without data the study will not be successful so please take the time to fill out the form. Be honest and forthright in your evaluation and provide feedback. If you are having issues with the form, contact Jon Williams at the Center of Excellence.
Access the online forms using the buttons above.
For those who have good access to the internet the following Goggle forms can be used to collect the data.
Offline Forms using the Fulcrum App
The CoE has worked with Fulcrum to provide a form system that allows off line data gathering using a smart phone or tablet. This can be used regardless of access to the internet at time of collection. If you are not able to access the internet, you can use the Fulcrum app to gather the data. That data will be uploaded automatically when you are connected.
To use the offline forms you must do the following BEFORE you leave coverage. We recommend you do this now so you are ready for the summer. You only need to do this one time!
- Download the Fulcrum app from the Google Play Store or Apple i-tunes Store.-tunes Store. and install it on your device. This must be done prior to using the form
Once you have Fulcrum installed and are registered, you can access the 3 forms via the App on your device.
- FIREICE - Minnisota DNR - Spring Fire Season 2015
- Assessing Aerial Suppression Drop Effectiveness (Fire Note)
- Criteria and methodology for evaluating aerial wildfire suppression (Plucinski et. al.)
- A methodology for comparing the relative effectiveness of suppressant enhancers designed for the direct attack of wildfires (Pluchinski et. al.)
- Project FUSE Aerial Suppression (Australia)
- The development of standard methods for evaluating the efficiveness of aerially applied bushfire supressants. (Pluchinski et. al.)